Job Opportunity: Quality Control Supervisor, Savannah area, GA
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Control Supervisor for our Meldrim sawmill near Savannah, GA. The Quality Control Supervisor will be responsible for all aspects of lumber quality control including optimizers, change overs, simulations, and other continuous improvement activities.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise all aspects of the quality control program.
- Maintain and utilize all production optimization systems to maximize lumber values, grade, and recovery.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to improve quality management.
- Train and support quality control staff to improve their work performance.
- Ensure all quality control documentation is current.
- Work closely with production staff to maximize return to log.
What You Offer
- Grade 12, post-secondary education preferred.
- Experience in optimization technology.
- Minimum of 5 years sawmill QC experience.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understand and use statistical analysis.
- Lean manufacturing or six sigma a plus.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Well-developed leadership skills and ability to lead by example.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically, and be detailed and results oriented is also required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.